Monday 28 October 2013

Extending voltage sense cables

Spent Saturday morning extending the Voltage sense wires into the back parcel shelf of the interior, found some new speaker cable I had laying around cut each of the 6 wires on each of the 4 banks in each of the 2 boxes in the rear of the car (third one’s in the front) and soldered an extension in each wire cutting/soldering and shrinking each connection as I went after all these are live wires to the cells.

This all went swimmingly and after re-purposing an old racer tire inner tube for covering all the wires into a neat bundle threading and zip-tying each end I now have a neat easily accessible bundle of plugs that plug straight into my battery monitor widget, all tested fine after I had finished, Job well done (makes a change!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment